Wednesday 16 February 2011

Necklaces and Matching Earrings from Lesley Alexandra

First of all, I know I promised a new artist every week and those keen eyed and alert among you will know that my last post was a couple of weeks ago. Well...my excuse is that my web designer has been sorting out the host on my website and I was unable to upload pictures during this time. The good news is that the website should run alot faster from now on. Fingers crossed.

I haven't been idle over the past fortnight though. As I couldn't get as much work done on the website as I usually do, I went up to my workroom! (which is becoming more and more rare now that I am running this wonderful website) and started playing with my fabrics. I came up with some quirky textile card/presents for Mother's Day. Card/presents sounds odd, I know, you have to check them out to know what I've been up to. Basically, the card is made from felted wool and looks like a jacket and sewn onto the jacket is a label (like a washing instruction label) but in this case it has the words: "XX HappyMother's Day XX" on the first line. Followed by, "100% Super Human" on the next line. Underneath that are the words, "Hand wash only. Do not press" and the last line reads, "No bleach except on hair." The brooch on the jacket comes off and is the present part of the gift to be worn by the recipient. I hope this would make a very special, humorous and unique gift for the mother in your life to show your appreciation and love for her. She certainly wouldn't throw the felted wool jacket away and so it could become a keepsake.


Also, over the past fortnight I managed to find a gem (excuse the pun) and so I am delighted to welcome Lesley Alexandra to our illustrious group of artists. Lesley makes beautiful necklaces and matching earrings at really affordable prices. Hope you like them as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment